Orthopedics deals with the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of various disorders like avascular necrosis, osteoarthritis, frozen shoulder, back pain etc.
The Orthopedics department at Healix offers subspecialty expertise, comprehensive services and advanced technology. It has fully-equipped operation theatres, intensive care units for pre- and post- operative care, as well as rehabilitation services. The state-of-the-art operation theatres are equipped with the latest fracture tables and imaging facilities. The department and its multidisciplinary staff has responded extremely well to patients needs in the area of joint reconstruction, with the mission of rendering exceptional care to improve the quality of life for patients who suffer from joint disorders and injuries.
Our Orthopedic surgery team offers a wide range of surgical and nonsurgical treatment options for bone and joint diseases and injuries. Our orthopedic surgeons have diverse expertise and are committed to provide effective solutions for patients with a wide range of orthopedic problems from broken bones to spinal disorders, from crippling arthritis to sports injuries.
What we treat?
We offer a treatment for wide range of bone and musculoskeletal disorders.
- Osteoarthritis (OA): Osteoarthritis is a type of joint disease that results from breakdown of joint cartilage and underlying bone. The most common symptoms are joint pain and stiffness. It occurs most often in knees, hips, lower back and neck, small joints of the fingers and the bases of the thumb and big toe.
- Avascular Necrosis: Avascular necrosis is the death of bone tissue due to a lack of blood supply that occurs when there is loss of blood to the bone.
- Inter vertebral disc prolapse: A prolapsed intervertebral disc is a technical term for what is commonly called as slipped disc. These discs are placed between each of the vertebrae of the spine and pose as shock absorbers. A slipped prolapsed disc can also be a reason for severe lower back pain.
- Back pain: A problem in any part of your spine can cause back pain. It is a painful condition affecting the lower portion of the spine.
- Spondylosis: Spondylosis is a degenerative condition that can affect any region of the spine such as spine's intervertebral discs (e.g., degenerative disc disease) and facet joints. It may worsen as a person grows older.
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA): Rheumatoid arthritis is a long-term autoimmune disorder that primarily affects joints. It typically results in warm, swollen, and painful joints. Pain and stiffness often worsen following rest. Most commonly, the wrist and hands are involved, with the same joints typically involved on both sides of the body.
We perform a wide range of procedures to treat orthopedic diseases.
- Total Shoulder Replacement
- Hand Joint (Small) Replacement Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Knee Replacement Surgery
- Fixation systems for fractures
- Surgery for correction of spinal deformities
- Surgery for spinal tuberculosis
- Key hole surgery for disorders of the knee, shoulder, elbow and ankle
- High quality Swiss ‘AO’ systems help stabilize fractures
- Image intensifier, confirms perfect fracture fixations
- Ilizarov and External Fixation Device
- Management of open fractures
- Infected non-union of long bones
- Correction of deformities
Quality & Patient Safety:
Department maintains Quality and safety in patient care. This is achieved by following various patient safety guidelines in all patient care areas. All staff in the department are trained in maintaining quality. Standard operating procedures (SOPs) and checklists are developed, followed and audited. Strict guidelines are followed to prevent hospital acquired infections, medication errors, operation room errors, blood transfusion errors.